Samara Heavrin will run for election to Tim Moore’s office on Nov. 5. Visit her website!
Legislators addressed the KRLA conference and took questions.
- Tim Moore has resigned his office and Samara Heavrin is running to be the District 18 State Representative. Moore leaves to become the head of Lamb & Lion Ministries in Texas.
- Samara Heavrin interned for U.S. Congressman Brett Guthrie before joining U. S. Senator Rand Paul’s staff as a Staff Assistant. Most recently she has served on State Treasurer Allison Ball’s staff as Unclaimed Property Director.
- Russell Webber will become the leader of the Legislature’s Pro-life Caucus, with Sen. Robbie Mills as the vice chairman.
- This upcoming election and the 2020 elections are very critical. “This pro-life issue informs all others. It is a bellwether issue for a legislator. If they are outspoken pro-lifers, they will vote as conservatives on other key issues.”
- We can look for at least three bills to be filed by pro-life legislators and probably others. Rep. Joe Fischer will be introducing a constitutional amendment to end abortion in Kentucky.