The Ky House of Representatives heard two pro-life Resolutions on January 6, both sponsored by Rep. Nancy Tate.
HR 7 is A RESOLUTION memorializing the forty-ninth anniversary of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion. This Resolution gives nine reasons why the representatives of the General Assembly resolve to uphold Life in five ways:
- Reaffirm respect for the dignity and sanctity of human life.
- Recognize that children, whether born or unborn, are the greatest natural resource in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Speak for, and uphold the rights of, members of our Commonwealth who cannot speak for themselves.
- Laud the continued dedication of the Pro-Life Caucus to overturn the decision and to pass legislation to protect all vulnerable members of our society from conception until death.
- When the House of Representatives adjourns this day, it does so in remembrance of the countless number of Kentuckians who have been affected by the abominable United States Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade.
You can read the full resolution here.
HR 8 is A RESOLUTION supporting the Hyde Amendment and encouraging its adoption by the United States Congress in its 2022 session.
Thank you, legislators and Nancy!